Veneers offer patients the opportunity to improve the overall appearance of teeth and create a beautiful smile. Veneers have the ability to “dress-up” teeth and improve your smile. A natural looking smile is now achievable with veneers.
Veneers are thin porcelain or composite resin facings that are bonded to the front of teeth. They are between 0.3mm and 0.5mm thick and are often used as an alternative to crowns.
They are extremely thin and in most cases require less of the natural tooth to be removed when compared to crowns. Veneers are strong and durable making them a popular cosmetic dental treatment for creating a beautiful smile.
Veneers can be the solution to a variety of dental problems. Some of these include:
- Crooked, oddly shaped or misaligned teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Broken, chipped or worn teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Permanently stained or discoloured teeth
Veneers can be applied to one or more teeth to match in with existing teeth or all visible teeth can be veneered to change the overall colour of your teeth. Ask your dentist about trial demonstrations which can be arranged prior to any treatment.
Other benefits of veneers include:
- Dark lines are unlikely to form around the veneer
- Translucency gives a much more natural look
- Cost effective treatment option, especially composite resin veneers
- When compared to other cosmetic work they often require less of the natural tooth to be removed
- In some cases, veneers can be used as an alternative to orthodontic treatment
- Following treatment, they require no additional maintenance other than regular good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups
Veneers can change your appearance and give you that beautiful smile you have always wanted.